Dodgers (13-11) @ Angels (18-4-1), 1:05pm
I don't put too much stock in spring training records or stats, but the Angels' gaudy record is hard to ignore. The Dodgers play the Angels today for the first time outside of California, as they travel to Diablo Stadium in Tempe.
Manny Ramirez is expected to return to the Dodger lineup today, after more than a week off. Chad Billingsley will start on the mound for the Dodgers.
The Angels will counter with Dustin Moseley, with shceduled appearances by Brian Fuentes and Matt Palmer, according to Dick Kaegel of MLB.com.
In other notes:
- Tony Jackson of the LA Daily News read between the lines and speculated both Juan Castro and Doug Mientkiewicz would make the club, Blake DeWitt and Chin-Lung Hu would be optioned to Albuquerque, and Delwyn Young would be traded or waived.
- Former Press-Enterprise Dodger beat writer Diamond Leung has started his own blog, Diamond Notes
- We are down to the Sweet 16 in our Dodger bracket, in the quest to determine which Dodger team of the past will most resemble the 2009 squad. Look for the voting to resume later today.
- The 4+1 Game will be replayed on FSN Prime Ticket next Tuesday (March 31) at 7:30pm
- A number of interview segments from MLB Network's "30 Clubs in 30 Days" feature on the Dodgers are now up on their website. Click to view interviews with Chad Billingsley, Orlando Hudson, Matt Kemp, Russell Martin, and Joe Torre.
Today's lineup, from Ken Gurnick: