- Billingsley pitched into the eighth inning, allowing only two earned runs on five hits, picking up his National League-leading ninth win.
- Casey Blake gave the Dodgers their first run with a sacrifice fly in the first inning, then unleashed a three-run Beard Bomb well over the left field wall in the third inning to give the Dodgers the lead for good.
- The Dodgers piled up 10 hits and seven walks, infusing some life into their offense. The only player without a hit was Juan Pierre, who still got on base twice via walks.
- Andre Ethier, James Loney, and Matt Kemp each stole second base
Ramon Troncoso pitched a scoreless eighth inning, lowering his ERA on the season to 1.51
- After allowing a leadoff single in the ninth inning to Michael Young, Jonathan Broxton fanned the next three hitters to close out the series
Fun with numbers:
|Jonathan Broxton 2009||1.41||0.688||14.91||.103||.192||.140|
|Eric Gagne 2003||1.20||0.692||14.98||.133||.199||.176|
WP - Chad Billingsley (9-3): 7 IP, 5 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), 1 walk, 3 strikeouts
LP - Derek Holland (1-4): 5 IP, 5 hits, 4 runs, 4 walks, 2 strikeouts
Sv - Jonathan Broxton (16): 1 IP, 1 hit, 3 strikeouts