Today, the Dodgers face Josh Fogg of the Rockies, who is making his first start of the season after 20 games pitched in relief. In his career against the Dodgers, he is 3-5 with a 4.34 ERA over 66.1 innings. Past Dodger batters have hit .288/.353/.500 against Fogg.
How have the Dodgers fared against other meterological names of baseball past?
- Tim Raines hit .327/.413/.417 in 118 career games against Los Angeles, but the Dodgers were able to catch him stealing more often -- 14 times -- than any other team. Raines' stolen base percentage against the Dodgers was 73.1%, a far cry from his 85.4% against everybody else.
- Sadly, Tim Raines, Jr. never faced the Dodgers in his brief career.
David Weathers has pitched in 77 games against the Dodgers, all but four in relief, with a 4-5 record and two saves, and a 3.24 ERA.
- Ken Cloude faced the Dodgers just one time, pitching the eighth inning of a 5-0 Dodger win over the Mariners in 1999, allowing two hits in his one inning of work.
- Sonny Jackson hit .237/.277/.267 against the Dodgers from 1963-1974.
- Hideo "The Tornado" Nomo is mostly known for playing with the Dodgers, although he did start two games against them -- once with the Mets, and once with the Brewers. Nomo was 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA against the Dodgers.
There's a 30% chance of thunderstorms in Denver at game time tonight.
Now back to your regular scheduled programming.