The Dodgers annual Community Caravan is next week, and there are a lot of chances to get up close and personal with some of your favorite Dodger stars, past and present. Monday is closed to the public, but the next two days have a ton of events that are open to the public:
Tuesday, February 2
- 1:45 - 2:45pm: Trader Joe's, 467 N. Rosemead Blvd, Pasadena (no autographs)
- 3:15 - 4:15pm: Dreamfield Dedication, LA Boys & Girls Club, 2635 Pasadena Ave., Los Angeles (dedication open to public, no autographs)
- 5:00 - 6:30pm: ESPNZone at LA Live, 1011 S. Figueroa (across from Staples Center):
Dodger players and legends will be on hand for an autograph session. Autographs are available to the first 150 fans in two lines. The first 80 fans in line will also get the chance to have priority seating for dinner in the screening room where the autograph signing will be held. Guests will be seated in groups of four. Diners must spend $20 each on food and beverages, will receive a $25 game card and be the first to get autographs at 5 p.m. KABC 790 AM will be on hand.
- 7pm: Andre Ethier drops the ceremonial first puck at the Kings game against the Rangers
Wednesday, February 3
- 12:30 - 2:00pm: Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles, 5006 West Pico Blvd. (near La Brea), Los Angeles (no autographs)
- 3:00 - 4:15: Best Buy, 6000 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 1240 , Culver City (fans can play video games against the Dodgers and get autographs as well
- 5:00 - 6:15pm: Dodger Rally at Olvera Street, East Cesar Chavez Ave. and Olvera St. , Los Angeles:
Dodger players and legends will be on hand for an autograph session. Fans will be asked to join two autograph lines and the first 150 fans in each line will get an autograph. KHJ La Ranchera 930 AM will be on site.
Also from the Dodgers:
The Dodgers will also hand out a limited number of promotional items and ticket vouchers to fans in attendance at Trader Joe’s, the Dodgers Dreamfield dedication ceremony at the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club, ESPN Zone at L.A. LIVE, Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles, Best Buy at the Westfield Culver City Mall and Olvera Street.
For more information, go to Dodgers.com/community.
I got a few more packs of 2010 Topps Series I baseball cards, and posted the Dodger-related cards here, if you are interested.