4. Daniel Moskos - Considered a huge overdraft, will likely be a reliever if he ever makes it.
5. Ross Detwiler - injured, had hip surgery in Feb.
9. Jerrod Parker - Tommy John surgery over the off season. Likely out for at least the 2010 season.
10. Madison Bumgarner - unexplained loss of velocity. Had chance to start in majors, now likely to be at triple-A to start the season.
11. Phillippe Amount - injury history, traded to Philly. Philly wants to treat him as a starter.
17.Blake Beavan - spent 2009 at A+/AA. Mediocre stats.
19. Joe Savery - Mediocre stats, looks like Philly converted him to a reliever.20. Chris Withrow - His arm is fine and he K's people which is more you can say for most pitchers in this list.
22. Tim Alderson - loss of velocity hurt his draft stock. Just like Madison Bumgarner. Are the Giants doing something with their pitching prospects?
23. Nicholas Schmidt - Padres converted him to a reliever after injury.
24. Micheal Main - Still only 20, needs more time to develop. Mediocre season at Low-A.
25. Aaron Anderman Poreda - traded tot he padres, likely 3 or 4 type pitcher.
26. James Simmons - at Triple-A, yet likely isn't going to be a viable major leaguer.
27. Rick Porcello - Shows why you should draft for talent instead of need. Odd how just a year later the A's later decided to go for broke and sign Yano for over $4 million, but drafted Simmons for only $1.9 million with Procello still sitting in the past 27 picks.
This wasn't meant to be in depth or anything, Just wanted to point out a couple of things.
Even in two (or I guess 3 years now since the draft was in 2007), prospects status change tremendously (but you already knew that.) With guys like Bumgarner, Parker, and Price being touted, Procello being this draft's Kershaw (being ready at 20 and staying in the majors), and a guy like Withrow who was considered an overdraft at the time and working out for the team that drafted him.
Also, the Dodgers had the potential to draft both Withrow and Porcello except they chose to sign Jason Schimdt instead and give their first rounder to the Giants. *The Giants* had the opportunity to draft Bumgarner and Porcello in the same draft with the first rounder they acquired, instead choosing Tim Alderson. The Red Sox had the opportunity to draft Procello initially... except they chose to sign Julio Lugo and thus give the Dodgers their first rounder.
Then you also had draft heavy teams like the Phillies and Mariners who decided to pass on Porcello as well. My point is that the Tigers had some serious help in getting Procello to drop to them. Just amazing.