05/04/10 7:10 PM PDT
|Milwaukee Brewers||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|Rickie Weeks - 2B||Reed Johnson - LF|
|Carlos Gomez - CF||Russell Martin - C|
|Ryan Braun - LF||Andre Ethier - RF|
|Prince Fielder - 1B||Matt Kemp - CF|
|Casey McGehee - 3B||James Loney - 1B|
|Corey Hart - RF||Casey Blake - 3B|
|Gregg Zaun - C||Blake DeWitt - 2B|
|Alcides Escobar - SS||Jamey Carroll - SS|
|Chris Narveson - P||Clayton Kershaw - P|
I've added a second preview because of the plethora of information available in the press box.
- Green was picked because of experience, can play 3rd, still want Hu playing everyday. Green will be a utility player, Carroll still expected to get the majority of starts while Furcal is out.
- Joe happy with Carroll's defense
- Still no decision on who starts Saturday.
- No decision on who gets removed from the Roster when Weaver is activated. Said anything can happen between today and Friday.
- Ely starting Thursday, sounded to me like he was pitching for his spot on the roster but given the dearth of starters I'm probably off on that. Joe said he liked what he saw in his first start and is looking forward to watching him start Thursday.
- Belisario's last game was the best he'd seen him and thinks he's back to where he was last year. Commented on how much he loved the movement on his pitches.
- Thought Sherrill had turned the corner but the last appearance was not what he wanted to see. Says he still has to use him and hope for the best.
Batting Practice Notes:
- Joe asked specifically if Martin was going to right field. Brad Ausmus gave the scouting report saying he had. I saw him pull about three in the left field bullpen, but he also drilled a couple to RC. Seeing Martin up close for the first time since last year I can see a noticeable difference, he looks ripped.
- Loney was spanking it all over the place
- Kemp was unimpressive
- Andre was bombing
- Scored just two runs in their four game series against the Padres
- Brewers are 8 -1 when scoring first and 2 - 14 when the opponents score first.
- 18 of 19 in stolen base attemps (94.7%) - WOW
- Prince Fielder has played in 210 straight games, the longest active streak in the majors.
- Braun does not have an RBI in his last 10 games
- Longest game was 5 2/3 on 9/23/09
- Struck out 10 in that game
- The starting lineup has had only 3 at bats against him
- First time he's ever pitched in Chavez Ravine
- He's struck out 7 times in 11 at bats with one hit. If Clayton walks him, we have the right to go Loony