The Monk called on a higher power for today's start against the Mets
|Carlos Monasterios Rookie Season|
In his last two starts, in June, Monasterios allowed 10 runs and 20 baserunners, including three home runs, in 6 2/3 innings. He was placed on the disabled list after his June 23 start in Boston with blisters on his fingers, blisters Monasterios himself said did not affect his performance. For the Dodgers sake, I hope he was wrong. Since returning from the disabled list, Monasterios has allowed one run in six innings in relief.
A month ago, Mike Pelfrey was 10-2 with a 2.71 ERA. Since then, he has made four starts, and is 0-3 with a 12.89 ERA. He has allowed a staggering 40 hits and 10 walks in just 14 2/3 innings. Opponents have tagged Pelfrey in those four starts to the tune of .519/.580/.688, although his batting average on balls in play is .565. Then again, his line drive rate during that time is a giant 33%.
- The Dodgers have been outscored 72-53 in first innings this season, their worst frame of the season
- Andre Ethier leads the Dodgers in home runs since the All-Star break, with two, but during that same time he has just four hits in 33 at-bats. Ethier is hitless in his last 14 at-bats
- Garret Anderson has four hits, including a double, in nine at-bats in his career against Pelfrey, with a walk and two sacrifice flies, hitting .444/.417/.556
- Monasterios faced the Mets earlier this season in relief, pitching two scoreless innings, allowing only a hit to Luis Castillo
- The Dodgers are 2-4 on Fox this season
Get your guesses in for Xeifrank's game simulation here.
Game Time: 1:10 p.m.