Yes, that title hurt me. As a Dodgers fan, how can I admit that the Giants will basically win multiple division titles over the rest of the NL West, including the Dodgers? But some jumbled facts in bullet point form.
- The Giants have new ownership who is willing to spend money to improve the team, or rather, their ownership group is willing to invest what they considered needed into the team. Only the Rockies could be considered to have just a stable relationship between its owners. Its not as if the Giants or Rockies owners are sleeping with each other like in other cases.
- The Padres, Dodgers, and D'Backs have recently, or currently gone though upheaval in ownership due to financial or marriage problems.
- The Dodgers, and D'backs still are paying tens of millions to players no longer on the team. Say what you will about players like Zito or Rowand. At least they are still contributing to the Giants in some form.
- The Padres, the other team realistically over have a two year window, this year and next year because Adrian Gonzales and Heath Bell can be free agents after 2011.
- The Rockies, who may be a formidable team at times are still managed by Jim Tracy. Fuck him.
- Each week, brings another article about how the McCourts are horrible people. This isn't really related to how the team on the field is doing but I just want to say. Fuck the McCourts.
- The Giants control Lincecum until 2013, Ztio until 2013, Cain until 2012, Sandoval until 2015, and Posey until 2016.