Pitchers and catchers report in a little over four months.
The Dodgers have released the tentative home portion of their 2012 spring training schedule. The road games aren't yet available, and other Cactus League teams have been slow to release their home spring schedules so we don't have a full picture just yet, but here are the scheduled home games at Camelback Ranch in 2012 for the Dodgers (all games are 1:05 p.m. PDT unless noted otherwise):
- Tuesday, March 6: vs. Giants (12:05 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 8: vs. A's (12:05 p.m.)
- Saturday, March 10: vs. White Sox (split squad game, 6:05 p.m.)
- Sunday, March 11: vs. Cubs
- Tuesday, March 13: vs. Rockies
- Friday, March 16: vs. Rangers
- Saturday, March 17: vs. Giants (split squad game)
- Sunday, March 18: vs. Angels
- Tuesday, March 20: vs. Brewers
- Wednesday, March 21: vs. Padres
- Saturday, March 24: vs. Indians
- Monday, March 26: vs. White Sox
- Thursday, March 29: vs. White Sox
- Friday, March 30: vs. Brewers (split squad game)
- Sunday, April 1: vs. Diamondbacks
That makes 15 home games for the Dodgers in Cactus League play. The Dodgers will likely play their co-tenants, the White Sox, two or three more times at Camelback Ranch with the Dodgers as the road team. Last year they played each other five times, with the White Sox as the home team three times. It seems like most teams will open their spring slates on Saturday March 3 or Sunday March 4, so the Dodgers will likely start with two or three road games. Don't be surprised if one of their "road" games against the White Sox falls on that opening weekend.
It seems like a good time for an Arizona trip would be from March 16-21, as the Dodgers play five games at Camelback Ranch in six days. But in reality, all of the stadiums in the Cactus League are within 30-40 minutes of each other at most with normal traffic, so it's not a hassle to catch a road game at all.
More information on the full spring schedule as it gets released. I would guess the Dodgers will play at least a pair of games in southern California on Monday, April 2 and Tuesday, April 3. The Dodgers open their 2012 regular season on Thursday, April 5 at Petco Park in San Diego against the Padres.