Today is rankings day, apparently. The Dodgers rank...
- 11th in Baseball America's organizational talent rankings, which is based on all prospect-eligible players heading into 2011
- 23rd in FanGraphs' organizational rankings, which combine present talent, future talent, financial resources, and baseball operations.
- 3rd in 2010 sales of all licensed MLB products, behind the Yankees and Red Sox. The Dodgers have nobody in the top 20 jersey sales of 2010, however.
- 3rd in MLB franchise value, at $800 million, per Forbes. Maury Brown has all the details at Biz of Baseball.
The Dodgers and White Sox play today for the fourth and final time at Camelback Ranch this spring. Ted Lilly sees his first Cactus League action since March 12, making his third "A" game start of the spring. Lilly also threw 72 pitches in a minor league game on Friday at Camelback Ranch.
Following Lilly on the mound for the Dodgers will be Ramon Troncoso, Scott Elbert, Lance Cormier, Travis Schlichting, and Ron Mahay. All but Mahay will be working the second day of back-to-back outings.
- The Dodgers have nine players from minor league camp in uniform for today's game: OF Joc Pederson (wearing number 89), OF Noel Cuevas (90), P Steven Ames (93), P Cole St. Clair (96), P Merkin Valdez (97), C J.T. Wise (94), IF Charlie Mirabal (87), IF Elian Herrera (91), and IF Travis Denker (95)
- For the game in Tucson on Friday against the Diamondbacks, Andre Ethier, James Loney, Tony Gwynn, Jr., and Jamey Carroll are expected to start. Carroll hasn't played in a Cactus League game since March 14, but he has played in several minor league contests in the interim
- Friday will feature a fifth starter battle, as Tim Redding starts the day game in Tucson and John Ely starts the night game in Peoria against Seattle
Game Time: 1:05 p.m.
TV: No local TV or radio, but the White Sox claim there will be a free webcast of today's game.