Hector Gimenez parlayed a nice spring into his first opening day roster.
The Dodgers today finalized their opening day 25-man roster for their game Thursday night against the Giants at Dodger Stadium, with the news coming during DodgerTalk after tonight's game. Thinking back to the beginning of spring, there are quite a few surprises.
- Starting Pitchers (4): Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly, Hiroki Kuroda
- Relief Pitchers (7): Jonathan Broxton, Hong-Chih Kuo, Matt Guerrier, Kenley Jansen, Blake Hawksworth, Mike MacDougal, Lance Cormier
- Catchers (3): Rod Barajas, A.J. Ellis, Hector Gimenez
- Infielders (6): James Loney, Jamey Carroll, Rafael Furcal, Juan Uribe, Aaron Miles, Ivan DeJesus
- Outfielders (5): Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, Marcus Thames, Tony Gwynn Jr., Xavier Paul
- Disabled List (5): Casey Blake, Jon Garland, Dioner Navarro, Vicente Padilla, Jay Gibbons
The Dodgers had three non-roster players make the team in Miles, MacDougal, and Cormier.The Dodgers designated John Lindsey and Jon Link for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster, per Jimmy Bramlett of LAist.
In addition, Jansen, Ellis, Paul, DeJesus, and Gimenez are on opening day rosters for the first time in their careers. Hawksworth, Paul, and Gimenez are out of options.