The Dodgers inspired no confidence this week, losing five games before eeking out a win on Sunday. They began the week six and a half games behind San Francisco, and despite their 1-5 week the Dodgers only lost one game in the standings.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Matt Kemp takes home the award once again, in what is becoming a weekly award for The Bison. Kemp had five of the 13 Dodger walks this week.
Week 12 Record: 1-5
12 runs scored (2.00 per game)
30 runs allowed (5.00 per game)
.158 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 32-41
275 runs scored (3.77 per game)
315 runs allowed (4.32 per game)
.438 pythagorean winning percentage (32-41)
Earned & Unearned: You may notice that this week the total earned runs allowed by the Dodgers is two less than the sum of earned runs allowed by each individual pitcher. That's because two runs allowed by Matt Guerrier on Monday were unearned runs for the team, but earned runs charged to Guerrier individually. That's because the two runs were scored with two outs, and there were a pair of errors earlier in the inning, but before Guerrier entered the game. Per MLB Rule 10.16(i):
When pitchers are changed during an inning, the relief pitcher shall not have the benefit of previous chances for outs not accepted in determining earned runs.
Rule 10.16(i) Comment: It is the intent of Rule 10.16(i) to charge a relief pitcher with earned runs for which such relief pitcher is solely responsible. In some instances, runs charged as earned against the relief pitcher can be charged as unearned against the team.
- Saturday: The Dodgers activated reliever Kenley Jansen from the 15-day disabled list and optioned Josh Lindblom to Double A
- Sunday: The Dodgers for the second straight day improved the bullpen, activating Hong-Chih Kuo from the disabled list, and optioned Ramon Troncoso to Triple A
- Sunday: Rod Barajas sprained his right ankle on Saturday, and was placed on the DL the next morning. A.J. Ellis, who was pulled from his game in Albuquerque upon news of the injury to Barajas on Saturday night, was recalled from Triple A on Sunday
- Monday: Reds 6, Dodgers 4
- Tuesday: Reds 3, Dodgers 2
- Wednesday: Reds 7, Dodgers 2
- Friday: Astros 7, Dodgers 3
- Saturday: Astros 7, Dodgers 0
- Sunday: Dodgers 1, Astros 0
|(R) Penny||(R) Scherzer||(R) Porcello||(R) Haren||(R) Chatwood||(R) Weaver|
Week 12 Stats
|De La Rosa||1||0-1||--||4.2||6||5||5||3||6||9.64||1.929||2.34|
*FIP is estimated