The Dodgers have lost 14 of their last 20 games, including losing their last four games. Tonight they turn to the last pitcher to get a win, Hiroki Kuroda. The right-hander has just one win in his last six starts, despite a 1.72 ERA, and nine unintentional walks and 28 strikeouts in 36 2/3 innings. Here are some pregame notes:
- James Loney has 32 hits in his last 80 at-bats, hitting .400/.422/.513, with six doubles (half of his season total) in his last 21 games
- Aaron Miles is hitting .361/.389/.437 on the road this season, but just .275/.283/.312 at home
- Rafael Furcal's 28 career stolen bases against the Mets are tied for his second-most against any opponent (with Florida), behind just the 31 career steals against the Padres
- Juan Uribe is hitting .240/.321/.360 at home this season, and that is his good split.
- Jamey Carroll will earn $50,000 with his next plate appearance.
- Tony Gwynn Jr. has batted leadoff 20 times. In his first plate appearance in those games, he is hitting .316/.350/.421, but in the rest of his PA in those games he is hitting .217/.299/.300
- Matt Kemp was caught stealing on April 20 against Atlanta, but since then has 16 stolen bases without getting thrown out, in 68 games. Oh yeah, he also has 19 home runs during that span, too.
- Andre Ethier's last home run off a left-hander was August 25, 2010 off Randy Wolf, 141 plate appearances ago.
- A.J. Ellis has started three straight, and seven of the last 10 games
- Dioner Navarro has two hits in his last 18 at-bats.
- Trent Oeltjen is hitless in his last 10 at-bats.
- Marcus Thames hasn't played in the field since June 24, 10 games ago
- Eugenio Velez is Eugenio Velez
Game Time: 7:10 p.m.
TV: Prime Ticket