Will Matt Kemp win National League MVP? It will be tough, but Kemp does have a shot.
Here are some interesting reads regarding the Dodgers:
- The National League MVP race is broken down thoroughly by Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts, who concludes, "The NL MVP award is there for Kemp's taking. But he's gonna have to take it. He is absolutely going to need a finishing kick.
- General manager Ned Colletti had a lengthy Q&A with Tom Hoffarth of the Daily News. Colletti assessed himself in a way that will not garner much disagreement: "The greatest criticism I can make on my own about what I've done is free-agent signings. And they're the toughest to master."
- Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness gave his own thoughts on Colletti's interview with Hoffarth.
- Justin Sellers was profiled by Tony Jackson at ESPN Los Angeles on Sunday, and Sellers reflected on his first major league home run. "It was the most incredible feeling I have ever had in my life," Sellers told Jackson. "You dream of something like that. Playing ball with your brother in the backyard growing up, you might hit it over the fence into someone else's backyard. But this was actually hitting one in the big leagues."
- This news is a bit old, from Saturday, but Juan Uribe and his injured left hip did not accompany the Dodgers on their 10-game road trip, per AJ Cassavell of MLB.com.
- Ted Sobel is a longtime reporter for KFWB 980 who covers the Dodgers, among many other sports. He has a blog with various audio clips of interviews with several Dodgers. Sobel is also on Twitter at @tedsobelsports.