Matt Kemp hit #29 last night. Will #30 come this afternoon, or at Dodger Stadium?
Some Dodgers links for a Wednesday...
- Ken Gurnick of MLB.com has some details of Dioner Navarro getting kicked the curb. "I didn't think he was the right guy for this team right now and what we're trying to do," said manager Don Mattingly. "He didn't fit in to that. Obviously, the performance under .200, but he didn't fit into my beliefs, the way you go about it and that means he didn't fit into Ned's beliefs also. Philosophical differences."
- "I’ve played catch with Shoe probably about a thousand times, so I know exactly what it looks like coming out of his hand," Aaron Miles told the Associated Press about his home run off former teammate Skip Schumaker. "He’s 92 up there, he provided all the power."
- "Steve Sax" of Sons of Steve Garvey was in the press box in St. Louis on Monday. Here is his first-hand report.
- Also in the "I forgot to mention this the other day" pile was Marc Hulet's review of Nathan Eovaldi and other young pitchers in the Dodgers organization on FanGraphs.
- Tangotiger has his annual fan scouting report survey ready for you to fill out. For more on the methodology, read this, then go rate the Dodgers' fielders.
- Don't get used to this, but here is a column from T.J. Simers, about a bizarre survey sent by the Dodgers to season-ticket holders to, among other things, rate Vin Scully.
- The hearing in Bankruptcy Court in Delaware on the Dodgers television rights, the next big battle for Frank McCourt, is set for September 26. Jim Peltz of the LA Times has the details.
- The Dodgers might be suffering the worst drop in attendance this season, but they aren't the only team with fewer fans coming through the turnstiles. The Cardinals are down 3,000 per game this season, wrote Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.