Clayton Kershaw is impressing a lot of people this season, including some voters for the NL Cy Young Award.
Here are your Dodgers links for a Saturday...
- "I just try to match him," Clayton Kershaw said of his three matchups this season against Tim Lincecum, per Tony Jackson of ESPN LA. "He is an awesome pitcher. You know it's going to be a low-scoring game. … [But] it doesn't really matter to me who I'm facing. I just have to put up zeroes, no matter who it is."
- Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News is one of the 32 voters for the National League Cy Young Award this season. He asked Lincecum after Friday's game his choice for the award, and Lincecum chose Kershaw. "He doesn’t give in," Lincecum said. "You can see his confidence when he’s pitching. He knows he’s good. The most important thing as a pitcher is to know you’ll get the job done. You can see it with him. He’s done it all year."
- Andre Ethier will have "clean up" surgery on his right knee at some point soon, after getting a third medical opinion, wrote Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times.
- Ken Gurnick of MLB.com has details on contract incentives already attained and within reach for certain Dodgers, including Hiroki Kuroda and Aaron Miles.
- Kenny Shulsen of Lasorda's Lair watched the Dodgers' Pioneer League affiliate Ogden Raptors beat the Orem Owlz on Friday night. He has a recap, including videos, here, here, and here.