As the Dodgers have won five straight games and 10 out of 11, here are some links for a Saturday to tide you over until the next Dodger win...
- Among the notes by Dylan Hernandez in the LA Times was that Don Mattingly is comfortable heading into next season with Javy Guerra and Kenley Jansen as his potential closers.
- Hernandez also notes that, not surprisingly, Juan Rivera would like to return to the Dodgers. "I would like to be back with this team. I hope after the season, or even before, that we can agree on an extension or something," said Rivera.
- Russ Mitchell will catch in bullpen sessions in September and continue to work on catching in the Arizona Fall League, looking to add to his tool belt, wrote Ken Gurnick of MLB.com. "I thought it was a joke at first. But after I saw [manager Don Mattingly's] comments, I told him my chips are all in. Whatever they want me to do," Mitchell said.
- The Dodgers will host the Little League World Series champs from Huntington Beach at Dodger Stadium on September 22. Roberto Baly has the details at Vin Scully is my Homeboy.
- Former Dodgers president Dennis Mannion was named CEO of Palace Sports and Entertainment, the parent company of the Detroit Pistons, per The Detroit News.
- Charles Odum of the Associated Press notes in Friday's game recap that the Braves are starting rookie pitchers in all three games this weekend, the first time they have started rookies in all three games of a series since 2008.