Dee Gordon celebrates after scoring the winning run Saturday night in Atlanta.
Here are Dodgers links for a Sunday morning...
- "Sometimes you’ve got to push the envelope, but I don’t even think I pushed the envelope right there," Dee Gordon said of his 10th inning double Saturday night, per George Henry of the Associated Press. "I knew it was a double when I hit it."
- The Dodgers have scored 4.74 runs per game in 31 games since the beginning of August. Don Mattingly is a fan of this scoring runs business, and wants more of it in 2012. Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times has the details.
- "He's made a nice case for himself," Mattingly said of Nathan Eovaldi's chances at the 2012 starting rotation, per Ken Gurnick of MLB.com. "With his age and development down the road, he's got a lot of intangibles. He's a tough kid, really competitive, willing to keep working on getting better. He's got that type of makeup. It's hard to say, 'It's yours.' We may go into the season planning that way, but you've got to have all kinds of options. You've got to look at him as one of the candidates."
- Over at Sons Of Steve Garvey, "Steve Sax" gives a brief inside (words eye) view of the Dodgers locker room.
- If you haven't already checked out Minor League Central, built and maintained by Andrew Grant, you should. Very detailed minor league stats and splits, all in one place.