If the bidding for the Dodgers were a horse race at Hollywood Park, who would you place your bets on!?
...... And away they go!
Race: The Grade I $1.5B Dodgers Derby
Track: Dirt. 1-1/4 Mile
1. Magic Johnson and Stan Kasten: One of the early dark horse favorites but draws the always difficult post position. Always a fierce competitor but will need a fast track to win. Early morning odds 3/1.
2. Joe Torre and Rick Caruso: A gelding who comes from great bloodlines and has won his share of races but will face tough challenges from younger faster competition. Early morning odds 4/1.
3. Peter O'Malley: Has been a while since he last won a big race. Will find it difficult competing in this big stakes race. Early morning odds 20/1
4. Mark Cuban: Ships in from Texas in an attempt to win big in California. May find footing a bit slippery on new track. Will run with blinders on. Early morning odds 5/1
5. Steve Garvey and Orel Hershiser: The son of famous race horse World Series Slew this horse has the bloodline in it to win. Will likely sit off the pace and come hard charging down the stretch. Early morning odds 5/2
6. Steven Cohen: Breaking from the favorable 6 hole, has ran well of late, but more known as a turf horse. Early morning odds 6/1
7. Roy Disney's family and Stanley Gold: It may be a small world afterall but it will take some serious mis-steps from the competition to win. Early morning odds 9/1
8. Dennis Gibert, Jason Reese, and Randy Wooster: Bred and trained for this kind of race, look for this horse to bide his time just off the pace before making his move the last two furlongs. Early morning odds 5/2
9. Joshua Macciello: Steps up in class in his first Grade I Stakes race. Look for this horse to make an early dash and try to hold off the other horses. Early morning odds 50/1
Note: I have no idea who has the best chances of winning the bidding to buy the Dodgers. All odds are just made up.