Will Dee Gordon lead the Dodgers in triples in 2012?
I don't really have anything substantive to say regarding the Dodgers right now, so I will begin 2012 with a question: Which player will lead the 2012 Dodgers in triples?
The Dodgers' yearly triple leaders for the past few years:
- 2011: Jamey Carroll and Tony Gwynn Jr. each had six three-baggers
- 2010: Rafael Furcal had seven
- 2009: Juan Pierre had eight
- 2008: James Loney (!!) had six
- 2007: Pierre had eight
- 2006: Kenny Lofton had 12
- 2005: Jason Repko had three
- 2004: Cesar Izturis had nine
- 2003: Izturis had six
- 2002: Dave Roberts had seven
- 2001: Tom Goodwin had five
- 2000: Mark Grudzielanek and Alex Cora each had six
- 1999: Adrian Beltre, Raul Mondesi, and Grudzielanek each had five
In the last 13 years, 14 different players have led or tied for the team lead in triples, with only three multiple leaders during that span.
I'll guess Dee Gordon to lead the Dodgers in triples in 2012. He only had two in 56 games in 2011 but with his speed he might bunt into one or two. What's your guess?