Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
A look from around baseball at Zack Greinke's introductory press conference as well as the Dodgers' trade for Skip Schumaker.
- Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports was at the press conference, then caught up with Dodgers manager Don Mattingly, who said, "We're supposed to win. There it is. If we lose, we're failures." Brown also noted that Mattingly will reprise his role of Mother Ginger in The Nutcracker in his hometown of Evansville, as he did last winter.
- Scott Miller of CBS Sports wrote that the Dodgers aren't about to apologize for their spending spree.
- Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times wrote more about Greinke's November meeting with Mattingly, general manager Ned Colletti, and CEO Stan Kasten at Dodger Stadium.
- Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com wrote about Greinke's desire to win.
- Gonzalez also wrote about how the Angels were never really deep into negotiations for Greinke's services.
- Steve Dilbeck at the Times wrote about Greinke calling Kasten a genius.
- J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News recapped the news conference.
- Jill Painter at the Daily News wondered about Greinke's comfort level in Los Angeles, but noted that winning would provide the ultimate comfort.
- Vincent Bonsignore at the Daily News doesn't feel good about the Dodgers spending all this money.
- Mark Saxon of ESPN LA wrote that with the Greinke signing, the Dodgers have pretty much reached their spending limit.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA called Greinke "scary smart."
- Hernandez reported on the acquisition of Schumaker.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote about Schumaker heading to Los Angeles, and noted that the southern California native worked with Dodgers hitting coach Mark McGwire for years in the offseason before McGwire came back to baseball with the Cardinals in 2010.
- Minor league infielder Jake Lemmerman, reported to be headed to the Cardinals for Schumaker, spent part of Tuesday night retweeting welcome notes from Cardinals fans. But as the deal still awaits a physical exam of Schumaker, Lemmerman also tweeted, "Still waiting for confirmation on everything so not official yet!"