Well, that was quite a turnaround, wasn't it? One week after not only losing their superstar but also six of seven games, the Dodgers hit the road and accomplished two rarities, winning six of their seven games during the week.
The Dodgers swept their first four-game series in Philadelphia since 1946, then they went to Seattle and won an interleague series on the road, something they hadn't done since 2009.
The only game they lost was Friday night, when they were no-hit in a 1-0 loss to Seattle.
Dodger Batter of the Week: The Dodgers only hit two home runs all week, and one of them was hit by Jerry Hairston Jr., this week's winner, who had a career-high five RBI in the win on Saturday. Honorable mention goes to Bobby Abreu, who hit .400 with two doubles.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: The entire pitching staff came through for the week. Four of the five starters picked up a win, and the only one who didn't, Nathan Eovaldi, didn't even allow a run. But this award goes to Chad Billingsley, who was great in his two starts, allowing one run in seven innings each time. Honorable mention goes to Clayton Kershaw for also pitching seven innings in each of his two starts and striking out 17, including 12 Mariners on Saturday.
Week 10 Record: 6-1
36 runs scored (5.14 per game)
18 runs allowed (2.57 per game)
.780 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 39-22
268 runs scored (4.39 per game)
217 runs allowed (3.56 per game)
.595 pythagorean winning percentage (36-25)
Welcome Aboard: With Javy Guerra on the disabled list, Shawn Tolleson completed his rapid rise through the Dodgers system when he was called up to the majors last Monday. He finally got in a game on Thursday, starting the ninth inning with an 8-3 lead. Tolleson unfortunately threw just two strikes in 10 pitches and was pulled after walking two batters, then on Sunday, pitching the ninth with an 8-1 lead, he allowed hits to his first two batters faced for a run. But after those first four major league hitters reached base against Tolleson, he was able to complete the inning by retiring three in a row, including two strikeouts.
- Monday: After missing 24 games with a ruptured hamstring tendon, Juan Rivera was activated from the disabled list, and Scott Van Slyke was optioned back to Triple A Albuquerque.
- Monday: Javy Guerra was placed on the disabled list with right knee inflammation and had surgery in Los Angeles the next day. Guerra is expected to miss four to six weeks. Shawn Tolleson has his contract purchased from Triple A Albuquerque, and to make room on the 40-man roster Matt Guerrier was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
- Monday: Dodgers 4, Phillies 3
- Tuesday: Dodgers 2, Phillies 1
- Wednesday: Dodgers 6, Phillies 5
- Thursday: Dodgers 8, Phillies 3
- Friday: Mariners 1, Dodgers 0
- Saturday: Dodgers 8, Mariners 3
- Sunday: Dodgers 8, Mariners 2
Week 10 Stats