The Dodgers haven't had too many victory lineups in Anaheim.
The Dodgers on Sunday are in search of a most rare occurrence, a road series win against the Angels. The Dodgers haven't won a series in Anaheim since winning two of three games here in 2009, and they have won just two of their last 12 series played at Angel Stadium, dating back to 2000.
The Dodgers are 16-29 (.356) all-time in Anaheim, dating back to the start of interleague play in 1997. The Angels have won five straight series overall against the Dodgers.
In rubber games this season, the finale of a three-game series that saw a split of the first two games, the Dodgers are 4-5 this season, including 1-3 on the road:
- April 25 at Dodger Stadium: Braves 4, Dodgers 2
- May 2 at Coors Field: Rockies 8, Dodgers 5
- May 6 at Wrigley Field: Cubs 4, Dodgers 3 (11)
- May 9 at Dodger Stadium: Dodgers 6, Giants 2
- May 27 at Dodger Stadium, Dodgers 5, Astros 1
- June 3 at Coors Field: Rockies 3, Dodgers 2
- June 10 at Safeco Field: Dodgers 8, Mariners 2
- June 13 at Dodger Stadium: Angels 2, Dodgers 1
- June 17 at Dodger Stadium: Dodgers 2, White Sox 1 (10)
Sunday's Pitching Matchup
The good from Aaron Harang in June has been his 2.78 ERA in four starts, no home runs allowed and 20 strikeouts in 22 2/3 innings. The bad from Harang though has been the 16 walks in the month, including a career-high eight free passes Tuesday in Oakland. Harang has a 3.26 career ERA in 28 interleague starts, the ninth-best ERA among active starters with at least 150 innings pitched in interleague play.
Garrett Richards pitched a perfect inning of relief on May 30, one day after he was recalled from Triple A Salt Lake, and since then has allowed three runs in 20 innings over three starts, all wins by the Angels. Richards last pitched one week ago, pitching eight scoreless innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
|DH||Abreu (L)||DH||Morales (S)|
Game Time: 12:35 p.m.
TV: KCAL, Fox Sports West