Stop me if you've heard this one before, but the Dodgers once again had an up-and-down week. For the fourth consecutive week, the Dodgers dropped their opening series then won the weekend set.
Losing two of three to Colorado, followed by winning two of three in Miami, left the Dodgers with a 3-3 record for the second straight week.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Sure Matt Kemp may have struck out twice with the bases loaded in Miami, but that did not stop The Bison from having a very good week. Kemp hit .400 with two doubles and one of the two home runs hit by the team during the week. In addition, Kemp started to make his presence felt again on the bases, stealing three bases without getting caught.
Honorable mention goes to Mark Ellis, who put up a .522 on-base percentage; and to Hanley Ramirez, who hit .333 with six runs batted in, including five in three games in his old stomping grounds in Miami.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Even if his loss on Monday, Chris Capuano had a case for the weekly honor, with just two runs allowed in seven innings. But his Sunday start left no doubt, is he took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in Miami on his way to eight scoreless innings and 10 strikeouts.
Honorable mention goes to Clayton Kershaw, who pitched into the seventh and struck out seven in Miami on Saturday. Jamey Wright also deserves a mention for retiring 10 of his 11 batters faced, with a strikeout wild pitch accounting for the only man to reach base against him. In four games, Wright had four strikeouts and he stranded all six of his inherited runners.
Week 19 Record: 3-3
20 runs scored (3.33 per game)
18 runs allowed (3.00 per game)
.548 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 62-53
446 runs scored (3.88 per game)
429 runs allowed (3.73 per game)
.518 pythagorean winning percentage (60-55)
- Monday: Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated for assignment, and Jerry Sands was recalled from Triple A. Two days later, after clearing waivers, Gwynn accepted an assignment to Triple A Albuquerque.
- Thursday: After the game on Wednesday, Sands was optioned back to Triple A. The move became official on Thursday, making room for...
- Friday: Infielder Adam Kennedy was activated from the disabled list.
- Sunday: Outfielder Bobby Abreu, who accepted an assignment to Triple A Albuquerque on Thursday, was placed on the seven-day disabled list with a sprianed right ankle, before he ever played a game with the Isotopes.
- Monday: Rockies 2, Dodgers 0
- Tuesday: Rockies 3, Dodgers 1
- Wednesday: Dodgers 6, Rockies 4
- Friday: Dodgers 5, Marlins 2
- Saturday: Marlins 7, Dodgers 3
- Sunday: Dodgers 5, Marlins 0
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers run the Sid Bream Gauntlet this week, concluding their road trip with four games in Pittsburgh and three in Atlanta.
Week 19 Stats