That middle of the Dodgers lineup is looking pretty formidable these days.
The week started off horribly for the Dodgers, getting swept at home by the Giants. But the weekend was awesome, as the Dodgers made a franchise-altering blockbuster deal with the Red Sox, then proceeded to take two of three games from the Marlins. To top it all off, Vin Scully announced he would return for yet another year, his 64th.
Here is a look back at the week that was.
Dodger Batter of the Week: One of my rules to live by is that getting 10 consecutive hits means an automatic batter of the week award, so Andre Ethier takes home the honor.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: With a pair of eight-inning outings, Clayton Kershaw was the easy choice.
Week 21 Record: 2-4
27 runs scored (4.50 per game)
26 runs allowed (4.33 per game)
.517 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 69-59
518 runs scored (4.05 per game)
478 runs allowed (3.73 per game)
.537 pythagorean winning percentage (69-59)
- Tuesday: A little over a year after Tommy John surgery, Rubby De La Rosa was activated from the 60-day disabled list, and Javy Guerra was optioned to Triple A Albuquerque.
- Friday: Alex Castellanos was recalled from Triple A Albuquerque. De La Rosa pitched just one game, then was optioned to Double A Chattanooga so he could be a player to be named later in...
- Saturday: The Dodgers acquired first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, outfielder Carl Crawford (who was on the 60-day disabled list), pitcher Josh Beckett, and infielder Nick Punto from the Red Sox in exchange for first baseman James Loney, pitcher Allen Webster, infielder Ivan De Jesus, two players to be named later (De La Rosa and Jerry Sands), and cash.
- Saturday: To make room on the active roster after the trade, Chad Billingsley was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow pain and Castellanos was optioned back to Triple A. To make room on the 40-man roster, Jerry Hairston Jr. was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
- Monday: Giants 2, Dodgers 1
- Tuesday: Giants 4, Dodgers 1
- Wednesday: Giants 8, Dodgers 4
- Friday: Dodgers 11, Marlins 4
- Saturday: Dodgers 8, Marlins 2
- Sunday: Marlins 6, Dodgers 2
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers run the Quinton McCracken Gauntlet this week, battling the Rockies at Coors Field, then coming back home for a four-game home series against the Diamondbacks. Four opposing left-handed starters are lined up for the Dodgers.
Previous Weeks In Review: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20
Week 21 Stats
|De La Rosa||1||0-0||--||0.2||0||2||2||2||0||27.00||3.000||12.14|