The Dodgers' last 12 games have gone like this: won three, lost three, won three, lost three. And that followed up runs of four straight losses followed directly by five straight wins.
Perhaps Shane Victorino, Joe Blanton, and Brandon League, who were acquired last week in three separate trades, can join fellow newcomers Hanley Ramirez and Randy Choate in helping the Dodgers gain some stability.
Or perhaps the Dodgers just need to start hitting. They had just three players with an OPS above .686 for the week, and one of them (1-for-2 on the week) was designated for assignment.
The Dodgers began the week in a virtual tie for first place, but are now a half-game behind San Francisco.
Dodger Batter of the Week: This was a close battle, but A.J. Ellis wins by hitting .412 with two home runs, both hit on Friday night in the game of his life. Ellis narrowly edged Matt Kemp, who has an eight-game hitting streak and hit .409 for the week with seven runs scored.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: There were two nearly identical performances on back-to-back nights against Chicago, but Clayton Kershaw gets the call over Chad Billingsley for giving up one less hit. Both pitchers in their wins allowed one run in seven innings, with two walks and seven strikeouts.
Week 18 Record: 3-3
20 runs scored (3.33 per game)
27 runs allowed (4.50 per game)
.366 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 59-50
426 runs scored (3.91 per game)
411 runs allowed (3.77 per game)
.511 pythagorean winning percentage (56-53)
- Monday: The Dodgers acquired reliever Brandon League from Seattle for minor league outfielder Leon Landry and minor league pitcher Logan Bawcom.
- Tuesday: The Dodgers acquired outfielder Shane Victorino from Philadelphia for reliever Josh Lindblom, minor league pitcher Ethan Martin, and a player to be named later. To make room for Victorino on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers designated pitcher Michael Antonini for assignment.
- Wednesday: To make room for Victorino on the active roster, Bobby Abreu was designated for assignment.
- Friday: The Dodgers acquired starting pitcher Joe Blanton from Philadelphia for a player to be named later.
- Saturday: To make room for Blanton on the active roster, Stephen Fife was optioned to Triple A Albuquerque.
- Sunday: Antonini cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple A Albuquerque.
- Monday: Diamondbacks 7, Dodgers 2
- Tuesday: Diamondbacks 8, Dodgers 2
- Wednesday: Diamondbacks 4, Dodgers 0
- Friday: Dodgers 6, Cubs 1
- Saturday: Dodgers 3, Cubs 1
- Sunday: Dodgers 7, Cubs 6
Week 18 Stats