Hanley Ramirez and Andre Ethier were the two best players on offense last week for the Dodgers.
The Dodgers had a rough week on offense, and the result was an under-.500 week. Though considering that they lost four of the first five games during the week, 3-4 sounds much better. It could have been an even costlier week considering the Dodgers lost Kenley Jansen to an irregular heartbeat, Scott Elbert to a sore elbow, and Matt Kemp, briefly, to center field wall abuse.
Here is a look back at the week, highlighted by a pair of former Marlins once traded for each other.
Dodger Batter of the Week: For matching the home run total for the rest of the team combined, Hanley Ramirez takes the weekly award. Honorable mention goes to Andre Ethier, who hit a game-winning home run Saturday; and to A.J. Ellis, who doubled twice and hit his first career grand slam.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Making his first two starts as a Dodger, Josh Beckett did quite well. He took the loss in Denver but didn't pitch all that badly, but then rebounded with a great game Saturday in his home debut in Los Angeles. On the week, Beckett struck out 15 in 12 1/3 innings. Honorable mention goes to both Ronald Belisario and Brandon League, both dominant in the back end of the bullpen, helping fill the void left by Kenley Jansen's heart condition.
Week 22 Record: 3-4
24 runs scored (3.42 per game)
37 runs allowed (5.29 per game)
.312 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 72-63
542 runs scored (4.01 per game)
515 runs allowed (3.81 per game)
.523 pythagorean winning percentage (71-64)
- Monday: Relief pitcher Josh Wall was recalled from Triple A Albuquerque, and reliever Shawn Tolleson was optioned to Class A Rancho Cucamonga.
- Wednesday: Relief pitcher Scott Elbert was placed on the 15-day disabled list with left elbow inflammation, and Tolleson was recalled from Class A Rancho Cucamonga. The two days was the longest period Tolleson waited to return for any of the three times he was optioned this season.
- Thursday: Relief pitcher Matt Guerrier was activated from the 60-day disabled list, and Wall was optioned back to Triple A Albuquerque. To make room for Guerrier on the 40-man roster, shortstop Dee Gordon was transferred from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day DL.
- Saturday: On the first day of expanded rosters, the Dodgers added relief pitcher Javy Guerra, catcher Tim Federowicz, and pitcher John Ely. To make room for Ely on the 40-man roster, Alfredo Silverio was recalled from Triple A Albuquerque, then placed on the 60-day disabled list.
- Saturday: A little over a month after he was designated for assignment, outfielder Bobby Abreu was added back to the roster. To make room for Abreu on the 40-man roster, pitcher Chris Withrow was recalled from Double A Chattanooga, then placed on the 60-day disabled list.
- Monday: Rockies 10, Dodgers 0
- Tuesday: Rockies 8, Dodgers 4
- Wednesday: Dodgers 10, Rockies 8
- Thursday: Diamondbacks 2, Dodgers 0
- Friday: Diamondbacks 4, Dodgers 3 (11)
- Saturday: Dodgers 2, Diamondbacks 1
- Sunday: Dodgers 5, Diamondbacks 4
Previous Weeks In Review: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21
Week 22 Stats
|Uribe||Did not play|
|Ely||Did not pitch|