LOS ANGELES -- The Cardinals are in the driver's seat in the National League Championship Series, with a 2-0 series lead and ace Adam Wainwright set to start Game 3 on Monday night at Dodger Stadium.
Wainwright is 4-4 with a 3.10 ERA in 13 career games, including 10 starts, against the Dodgers. He has faced them just once this season, taking the loss on Aug. 5 in St. Louis when he allowed three runs in seven innings.
Wainwright is 1-2 with a 5.16 ERA in six career games at Dodger stadium, including five starts, but that doesn't include his excellent start in Game 2 of the 2009 NLDS. The Cardinals ended up losing that game thanks to Matt Holliday taking a ball off the junk, but Wainwright was brilliant, allowing one run in eight innings, with seven strikeouts.
Add in that playoff start and Wainwright's ERA at Dodger Stadium lowers to 4.30, with 27 strikeouts and 15 walks in 37⅔ innings.
Here are the career numbers for the Dodgers active on the NLDS roster against Wainwright:
- Andre Ethier: 10-for-33 (.303), three home runs, three doubles, three walks, eight strikeouts
- Hanley Ramirez: 5-for-24 (.208), three walks, five strikeouts
- Adrian Gonzalez: 4-for-17 (.235), double, two walks, six strikeouts
- Mark Ellis: 1-for-12 (.083), two strikeouts
- Juan Uribe: 3-for-11 (.273), two strikeouts
- Carl Crawford: 2-for-7 (.286), strikeout
A.J. Ellis: 0-for-5 (.000), strikeout
- Yasiel Puig: 1-for-3 (.333), double, two stikeouts
- Nick Punto: 1-for-2 (.500), double, walk
Michael Young: 0-for-3 (.000)