LOS ANGELES -- Lance Lynn has yet to allow a run to the Dodgers in 2013, including in the National League Championship Series. The Dodgers will try to crack the code against the Cardinals starter in Game 4 on the NLCS on Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium.
Lynn struck out nine in six scoreless innings at Dodger Stadium on May 24, and only allowed two hits and a walk. He pitched in relief in Game 1 of the NLCS on Thursday in St. Louis and got the win after allowing a hit and a walk with one strikeout.
In his career Lynn is 2-0 with a 2.50 ERA in 18 regular season innings against the Dodgers, all at Dodger Stadium, with 21 strikeouts and five walks.
It's not quite the layoff of Ricky Nolasco, but Lynn hasn't started in 11 days. Lynn did have the relief appearance four days ago, however.
"Everything's different. With the extra off days and all that stuff, the playoffs are always going to throw off your normal routine because you're used to playing every single day," Lynn said on Monday. "At this time of the year, it doesn't hurt to have extra rest the way the whole season played out. But we're all creatures of habits, so we like to stay in our routines."
In three career postseason starts, Lynn has yet to record more than 13 outs, and he has allowed 13 runs (nine earned) in 11⅔ innings.
Here are some numbers for the active Dodgers against Lynn, including numbers from Game 1:
- Michael Young: 0-for-9 (.000), walk, five strikeouts, sacrifice fly
- Mark Ellis: 2-for-9 (.222), three strikeouts
- Andre Ethier: 1-for-7 (.143), two walks
- A.J. Ellis: 1-for-7 (.143), four strikeouts
- Adrian Gonzalez: 1-for-4 (.250), double, walk, strikeout
- Dee Gordon: 0-for-5 (.000), strikeout
- Carl Crawford: 2-for-4 (.500), strikeout
- Hanley Ramirez: 0-for-3 (.000), walk, two strikeouts
- Juan Uribe: 1-for-2 (.500), double, walk, strikeout
- Nick Punto: 0-for-2 (.000), strikeout
Yasiel Puig: 0-for-1 (.000)