Zack Greinke gets the start against the Braves on Friday afternoon in Game 2 of the NLDS, making just his fourth career start against Atlanta. His is 1-1 with a 3.50 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 18 innings against the Braves.
One of those previous three starts came this season at Dodger Stadium, when Greinke pitched seven scoreless innings on June 6. Starting with that outing Greinke is 13-3 with a 2.19 ERA, with 128 strikeouts and 38 walks in 147⅔ innings.
He has allowed nine runs in 11 career innings at Turner Field, but those starts came in 2010 and 2011 when he was with the Brewers.
Here are active Braves batters and their career numbers against Greinke:
- B.J. Upton: 4-for-23 (.174), two doubles, three walks, 11 strikeouts
- Gerald Laird: 6-for-20 (.300), double, three strikeouts
- Justin Upton: 6-for-14 (.429), two home runs, double, four walks, five strikeouts
- Jordan Schafer: 5-for-11 (.455), two doubles, triple, strikeout
- Jason Heyward: 2-for-8 (.250), three strikeouts
- Elliot Johnson: 2-for-3 (.667), double, strikeout
- Brian McCann: 2-for-6 (.333), home run, strikeout
- Freddie Freeman: 1-for-5 (200), three strikeouts
- Chris Johnson: 1-for-5 (200), four strikeouts
- Reed Johnson: 1-for-4 (250), two strikeouts
- Paul Janish: 0-for-3 (.000), one strikeout
- Andrelton Simmons: 0-for-3 (.000)