A look at important and relevant dates for the Dodgers this spring training.
Spring training is as close as possible before becoming a reality, as pitchers and catchers report throughout baseball this week, starting with the Cubs, Rockies, and Indians in Arizona on Sunday. The Dodgers don't report until Tuesday, which makes Monday a travel day for yours truly, on my way to an extended Arizona trip for a second straight season.
Here are the important dates to remember for spring training:
- Tuesday: Dodgers pitchers and catchers report to Camelback Ranch
- Wednesday: First workout for Dodgers pitchers and catchers; the daily grind begins
- Friday: Dodgers position players report to Camelback Ranch
- Saturday: Dodgers first full squad workout
- Sat., Feb. 23: Dodgers first spring training game, vs. White Sox at Camleback Ranch, 12:05 p.m. PT
- Fri., Mar. 1: World Baseball Classic opens with Australia facing Chinese Taipei in Pool B, 8:30 p.m. PT
- Tue., Mar. 5: Dodgers minor league pitchers and catchers report to the minor league side of camp at Camelback Ranch.
- Wed., Mar. 6: Dodgers split squad team takes on Team Mexico at Camelback Ranch, 12:05 p.m. PT
- Mar. 7-10: World Baseball Classic Pool D, as the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Italy battle at Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale.
- Mon., Mar. 11: Dodgers minor league position players report to the minor league side of camp.
- Mar. 12-16: World Baseball Classic second round (Pools C and D), modified double elimination
- Sun., Mar. 17: First Dodgers television broadcast of spring training, vs. Brewers (KCAL, 1:05 p.m.)
- Wed., Mar. 27: Dodgers final Cactus League game, vs. Mariners in Peoria, 1:05 p.m. PT
- Thu., Mar. 28: Freeway Series against the Angels begins with a game in Anaheim (7:05 p.m. PT)