Mike Piazza, during happier times as a Dodger, accpeting the All-Star MVP trophy in 1996 - Getty Images
A look at coverage of the Dodgers from a different perspective from the first few days of spring training, including a battle waged by Mike Piazza that he cannot possibly win.
Here are your Dodgers links for a Friday:
- I was sick on Wednesday and completely missed the boat on this whole Mike Piazza vs. Vin Scully situation, but Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times has it covered like a blanket. Piazza in his new book blamed Scully for turning Dodgers fans against him during contract negotiations in 1998. Dilbeck rightfully skewered Piazza for the former catcher's misguided stance, then went one step further once KTLA released the video of Scully's interview, which was anything but 'crushing.'
- Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times caught up with Yasiel Puig briefly on Thursday, and the outfielder said, "That's my purpose, to play with Matt Kemp and all the great players here."
- Norm Frauenheim of the Associated Press talked to and wrote about Brandon League, as he prepares to be the closer after signing a three-year deal.
- Richard Justice at MLB.com wrote about Don Mattingly, who says he is not worried about not having a contract beyond this season.
- Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register wrote about the expectations facing the Dodgers this season.
- This is a couple of days old, but definitely worth a read. Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports wrote about 'baseball junkie' Zack Greinke.
- Mike Petriello wrote about the Dodgers rotation depth from a fantasy perspective at RotoGraphs.