The Dodgers' second regular season game, on Apr. 2 against the Giants, will be an MLB Network showcase game. The 7:10 p.m. PT game will be broadcast by the network, with Bob Costas, Jim Kaat, and Sam Ryan on the call. It is subject to blackout in the Los Angeles area, where people will still be able to watch the Prime Ticket broadcast.
Here are some links with Dodgers and baseball news:
- MLB is launching a new marketing campaign with several young stars entitled 'I Play,' though no Dodgers are featured in the advertisement.
- Kevin Gregg is one of a handful of pitchers fighting for a bullpen spot, and Ken Gurnick at MLB.com reported Gregg's salary to be $1.75 million if in the majors and $15,000 per month in the minors.
- R.J. Anderson and Nick J. Faleris at Baseball Prospectus answered three questions for each of the six divisional favorites by Pecota. Among the questions tackled was when Yasiel Puig would get promoted to the big leagues; Faleris picked September as the most likely, and Anderson guessed July.
- On Friday at FanGraphs, Wendy Thurm outlined the top tier of teams in MLB in terms of finances. Not surprisingly, the Dodgers are prominently featured.
- Starting pitcher Kyle Lohse didn't have to wait until after the June draft after all, as he is close to a three-year deal with the Brewers. Brew Crew Ball has more, but since Milwaukee forfeits their first round pick, No. 17 overall (the Cardinals, his old team, gets a supplemental pick between the first and second rounds), the Dodgers move up to No. 18 in the first round of the 2013 MLB Draft.