USA TODAY Sports
The 22-year-old Cuban outfielder continues to turn heads, and his reliever teammate released a viral video over the weekend.
- Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register captured the raw yet tantalizing promise of Yasiel Puig.
- In case you missed it, Aaron Harang pitched a simulated game on Monday against Dodgers minor leaguers, and scouts from the Brewers and Orioles were there to watch, per Ken Gurnick of MLB.com. Harang was given a complete day off on Tuesday by manager Don Mattingly, something afforded to everyone else on Monday.
- Baseball Nation has a new home page, with the writings of Rob Neyer and Grant Brisbee now at BaseballNation.com, and the SB Nation MLB page has been relaunched (at SBNation.com/MLB) as a mix of news, features, plus a collection of the best work among the team sites themselves.
- SB Nation is now the home of Out Sports.
- Jennifer Justus at Purple Row wrote about why we should care about the World Baseball Classic.
- Dodgers pitcher Matt Guerrier takes a turn as the most interesting man in the world, offering such sage advice as, "Fellas, leave the tight pants for the ladies. If I can see the coins in your pocket, use them to call a tailor."