It was a mostly terrible time for the Dodgers, who began the week with two wins but still had an under-.500 week. They lost two starting position players to the disabled list in Matt Kemp and A.J. Ellis, with Carl Crawford threatening to join them.
To top that, starting pitcher Hyun-jin Ryu was unable to make his start on Sunday, with Monday's starter Chris Capuano in jeopardy of the same fate on Monday.
But mostly we'll look back on this week as the last time the Dodgers were without Yasiel Puig.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Adrian Gonzalez continued to stand out, hitting .360 with a home run and two doubles. He narrowly beat Skip Schumaker, who hit .412 and extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Though a left foot contusion prevented him from making a second start in the week, Hyun-jin Ryu's one start was good enough. Ryu pitched a shutout that with only two baserunners made it quite memorable.
Honorable mention goes to J.P. Howell, who struck out five in his four scoreless innings. He retired 12 of his 13 batters faced, with the only man to reach doing so via error.
Week 9 Record: 3-4
31 runs scored (4.43 per game)
33 runs allowed (4.71 per game)
.471 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 23-32
195 runs scored (3.55 per game)
236 runs allowed (4.29 per game)
.414 pythagorean winning percentage (23-32)
- Monday: Utility man Jerry Hairston was activated from the disabled list, and shortstop Dee Gordon was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Thursday: Center fielder Matt Kemp was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right hamstring strain, and catcher Tim Federowicz was recalled from Triple-A.
- Thursday: After making one minor league rehab start, Stephen Fife was reinstated from the disabled list and optioned to Triple-A.
- Friday: Relief pitcher Peter Moylan had his contract purchased from Triple-A Albuquerque one day before he could have opted out of his minor league deal to become a free agent. Relief pitcher Javy Guerra was optioned to Triple-A, and to make room on the 40-man roster for Moylan, reliever Scott Elbert was transferred from the 15-day to the 60-day DL.
- Sunday: Catcher A.J. Ellis was placed on the disabled list with a left oblique strain, making room on the roster for spot starter Matt Magill, who was recalled from Triple-A.
- Sunday: After the game in Colorado, Magill was optioned back to Albuquerque, and it was announced the Dodgers would recall Yasiel Puig on Monday.
- Monday: Dodgers 8, Brewers 7
- Tuesday: Dodgers 3, Angels 0
- Wednesday: Angels 4, Dodgers 3
- Thursday: Angels 3, Dodgers 2
- Friday: Dodgers 7, Rockies 5 (10)
- Saturday: Rockies 7, Dodgers 6 (10)
- Sunday: Rockies 7, Dodgers 2
Week 9 Stats