- Ken Rosenthal is on board the Yasiel-Puig-as-All-Star train. Rosenthal wrote at Fox Sports, "Puig, the Dodgers’ right fielder, is an arresting presence, a human electrical current and most important, an extreme talent. He can’t be this good, we all know that. But I’d like to see him face Yu Darvish, Felix Hernandez or Justin Verlander in the ASG so we can find out a little more."
- Rosenthal joined Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, who was on the Puig-to-New-York bandwagon nine days ago.
- Longtime beat writer John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus tweeted of Puig, "The only more physically gifted player I've seen in 26 years of covering #MLB is Bo Jackson."
- Jerry Hairston had high praise for Puig, per Austin Laymance of MLB.com. "His talent is really second to none. He's fun to watch," Hairston said.
- Marc Normandin of SB Nation captured Puig's performance on Monday and said Puig basically won the game by himself.
- It wasn't all positive for Puig on Monday, as he had a couple of mistakes as well. Mike Oz at Big League Stew captured the highs and lows in GIF form.
- This is a day late but still a must read: Chad Moriyama examined Puig and his stance in the batters box.
- Tim Brown at Yahoo! Sports wrote that both teams in the Dodgers-Giants rivalry are desperate for a sense of urgency.
Eric Hinske, who was suspended five games in part for hitting Puig's hand with his face in the June 11 brawl at Dodger Stadium, had his suspension reduced to one game, per Rosenthal, and the reserve will serve the suspension on Tuesday.
- Andre Ethier spent his Tuesday morning serving food at Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles, the sixth consecutive year the outfielder has volunteered there.
— Courtney Jones (@CallmeCourtJ) June 25, 2013