Happy Puig Day everyone.
But before we delve into the world of Yasiel Puig making his major league debut, there is also the matter of the Dodgers facing Carlos Quentin for the first time since he broke Zack Greinke's collarbone.
"We will get him," an anonymous Dodgers pitcher told Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports. "It may not be next time we see him. It may not be the time after that. It may not be two times after that. But we will get him. I promise."
OK, now on to Puig...
- Because the hype surrounding Puig is insane, partly because he hit over .500 in spring training, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has to remind people that Puig in 2013 isn't going to be Mike Trout in 2012, pretty much the best rookie season in history.
- Puig is the prospect of the day by John Sickels at Minor League Ball.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thougts wrote on outfield saviors, Puig and Matt Kemp.
- Mike Petriello at Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness is cautiously excited for Puig's arrival.
- Tim Brown at Yahoo! Sports turned manager Don Mattingly's Puig/Ferrari quote around, noting, "A third of the way through the season, the same could be said of the Dodgers."
- From May 24, Mike Newman at Fangraphs examined Puig's makeup.
- Eno Sarris at Fangraphs compared Puig and Seattle infielder Nick Franklin from a fantasy perspective.
- Monday is the 125th anniversary of Ernest Thayer's "Casey at the Bat." Mike Axisa at CBS Sports has more.