The Braves saw their lead dwindle to a mere half game to the Cardinals for best record, the Pirates got a win over the Reds and the Dodgers saw a Clayton Kershaw win combined with Yasiel Puig home run sighting at San Diego
Here are quick recaps of Saturday's relevant action.
Dodgers 4, Padres 0: Clayton Kershaw lowered in MLB leading ERA plus he scored on long home run by Yasiel Puig that gave the Dodgers their third and fourth runs.
Cardinals 7, Brewers 2: A 5 run 8th inning scoring binge for the Cardinals broke open a tight 2-1 game.
Pirates 4, Reds 2: A.J. Burnett won the game as the Pirates and Reds even up their series
Here is a look at relevant games on Sunday:
- 10:35 a.m. - Cincinnati (Bronson Arroyo) at Pittsburgh (Jeff Locke)
- 10:35 a.m. - Miami (Tom Koehler) at Washington (Dan Haren)
- 11:20 a.m. - Atlanta (Julio Teheran) at Chicago (Edwin Jackson)
- 1:10 p.m. - Los Angeles (Zack Greinke) at San Diego (Andrew Cashner )
- 4:05 p.m. - Miami (Brian Flynn) at Washington (Stephen Strasburg)
- 5:00 p.m. - St. Louis (Joe Kelly) at Milwaukee (Wily Peralta)