The Dodgers began their September just as hot as they were in July and August, including a pair of wins last week to run their winning streak to six games. But they lost their final four games of the week, their longest losing streak in four months, including getting swept by the Reds in Cincinnati.
While the loss to the Reds with seven runs scored in three games, coupled with dropping two of three games and scoring five runs against the Red Sox two weeks ago, is troubling, the Dodgers' 10-week run of over-.800 ball earned them the luxury of such a slump.
Even after the 2-4 week, the Dodgers first losing week since June 10-16, the Dodgers hold an 11-game divisional lead with 20 games remaining and a magic number of 10 to clinch the National League West. Here is a look back at the week that was.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Hanley Ramirez continued to shine as he hit two home runs. Ramirez had six RBI during the week, including driving in five of the Dodgers' seven runs in the three games in Cincinnati.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: This one goes to Chris Withrow, who faced 10 batters during the week and retired them all, with eight strikeouts, and picked up his first major league save on Tuesday in Colorado.
Week 23 Record: 2-4
29 runs scored (4.83 per game)
29 runs allowed (4.83 per game)
.500 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 83-59
578 runs scored (4.07 per game)
510 runs allowed (3.59 per game)
.557 pythagorean winning percentage (79-63)
- Monday: Two days after he was acquired from Philadelphia, Michael Young met the Dodgers in Colorado and was activated before the series against the Rockies.
- Tuesday: One day after the season ended for the Isotopes, Chris Withrow was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Monday: Dodgers 10, Rockies 8
- Tuesday: Dodgers 7, Rockies 4
- Wednesday: Rockies 7, Dodgers 5
- Friday: Reds 3, Dodgers 2
- Saturday: Reds 4, Dodgers 3 (10)
- Sunday: Reds 3, Dodgers 2
Previous weeks in review: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22
Week 23 Stats