Dodgers at Brewers, 1:05pm
(plus a "B" game against the White Sox in the morning)
After four days at home -- the Dodgers' last road game was Monday in Surprise to play the Rangers -- the Dodgers load up the buses and make the 8-mile trip to Maryvale to play the Brewers. However, since the Dodgers also go on the road to play Milwaukee on March 25, the Dodgers have more than one shot to beat the Brewers wearing the road grays.
On the 44th birthday of the man with the largest total contract in Dodger history, Russell Martin figures to play since he got Friday off. Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reported Joe Torre would continue to play Martin every other day for the foreseeable spring future.
#22 / Pitcher / Los Angeles Dodgers
Mar 19, 1988
Clayton Kershaw, who has given up 4 runs in 6.2 innings this spring, starts on the hill against the Brewers. Former bullpen catcher extraordinairre Tanyon Sturtze will also get some mound time, and according to Ken Gurnick, so will Ramon Troncoso. However, since Troncoso pitched Thursday, might using him on such short rest suggest Troncoso is no longer being considered for a starting spot?
#26 / Pitcher / Milwaukee Brewers
Oct 30, 1982
Manny Parra will start for the Brew Crew against the Blue Crew, and will be the only Manny playing in the game, per Tony Jackson.
In the "B" game at Camelback Ranch, Eric Stults returns from Siberia to start. Scott Elbert will also toe the rubber against the White Sox.
- The best ERA+ (147) in Dodger history in...
- 872.2 IP, the 16th most in the NL from 1999-2003
- Two years of Jeff Weaver, who provided 46 quality starts in his two Dodger years
- Yhency Brazoban -- not so much for the relief pitching, but for the inspiration for this awesome t-shirt
- Part of Manny Ramirez. Don't laugh...following the Kevin Baconish connectivity, Brown begat Weaver, and Weaver begat Bryan Morris (#26 overall pick in the 2006 draft as compensation for Weaver signing with the Angels), and Bryan Morris (and Andy LaRoche) begat Manny Ramirez at last year's trading deadline.
So sit back and relax and have a Happy Kevin Brown Day everybody!
I almost forgot...True Blue LA is now on Twitter. Click here if you would like to follow us (and you know you do!)