Curt Schilling retired from baseball today. He was never a Dodger, and he certainly did his best to beat their heads in over his career: 14-6, 2.82 ERA, 216 K in 210.2 IP.
Is he a Hall of Famer? A quick look at his resume:
- 127 Career ERA+ in 3261 IP (43rd all-time)
- 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA in 19 postseason starts (including 4-1, 2.06 in the World Series)
- 216-146 lifetime record (.597 win %)
- Four top-four Cy Young finishes, including three top twos
- From 1996 to 2004, Schilling had a 141 ERA+, 6th best in MLB during that period
I vote yes for the HOF. What about you?