A few notes from today's game:
- Eric Stults, who needed "a strong outing to stay alive in the fifth starter competition," did not provide one. Stults only lasted 2.1 IP, giving up four runs on three hits and three walks.
- Claudio Vargas, who might be headed to the bullpen rather than the 5th starter spot, also pitched poorly, allowing two more HR (6 total this spring in 15.1 innings) and three runs in his inning of work.
- Josh Lindblom pitched three untelevised innings, and although he allowed two runs he was the only Dodger pitcher not to give up a long ball so by default he was best.
- Andre Ethier had three hits, including two doubles -- one of the bases-clearing variety
- Chad Billingsley's status for Sunday is still up in the air. Per Dylan Hernandez, Billingsley felt "a little tightness" in his groin and may or may not throw in the bullpen tomorrow.
- Delwyn Young, who's battling for a roster spot and is out of options, had an MRI on his irritated elbow come back negative.
- The Dodgers travel to Tucson Thursday to play Colorado, before four straight days at Camelback Ranch. James McDonald, perhaps now the front-runner for the 5th starter role, will start that game.