Some notes leading into the seventh Dodgers/Braves matchup in the last ten days:
- Leadoff man Rafael Furcal has reached base in 19 straight games, as well as 32 of his last 33 games, dating back to July 1, and is hitting .317/.375/.455 with 27 runs scored over that span.
- Casey Blake, back in the lineup today after a night off Saturday, is working on a nine-game hitting streak, and is hitting .461/.500/.718 over that time.
- Orlando Hudson has an eight-game hitting streak of his own, hitting .370/.452/.444 over his last eight games.
- Braves starter Javier Vazquez hasn't faced the Dodgers since September 20, 2005, when he was a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Since the beginning of the 2006 season, Braves' catcher Brian McCann leads all MLB catchers in slugging percentage (.509), home runs (77), doubles (141), extra-base hits (220), and RBI (327), while ranking fourth in batting average (.297).
- Since the All-Star break, only three relievers in baseball have appeared in at least ten games without allowing an earned run, and two of them are Braves, Peter Moylan and Mike Gonzalez (the Padres' Mike Adams is the other reliever).
Here are today's lineups:
|CF|| ||SS||Furcal |
|1B||LaRoche ||2B||Hudson |