The Dodgers have lost all five playoff games in Philadelphia in the last two years, and they were swept in four games here in 2008, but the Dodgers have won three-game series in the city of brotherly love in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009, so the city hasn't been all that bad to them.
If the Dodgers have any designs on making a playoff run, they should probably win a game started by Clayton Kershaw against Joe Blanton. The Phillies are still without Chase Utley and Ryan Howard, but Shane Victorino is back tonight, as he has been activated from the disabled list. The Dodgers are 2-5 in rubber games of three-game series on the road this season.
- The Dodgers have scored double-digit runs nine times this season, and have averaged 3.22 runs per game in the next game out, including last night's shutout loss. They have been shutout 13 times, and in the games immediately following the previous 12 shutouts, they have averaged 3.83 runs per game.
- Andre Ethier is hitting .361/.439/.639 with eight runs scored and seven RBI in nine games this month.
- Jamey Carroll is second on the Dodgers with 41 walks (the injured Russell Martin leads the club with 48 free passes), and his 13.8% walk rate is the highest of his career.
- The Dodgers are tied with the Giants for the National League lead in quality starts since the All-Star break with 17 (the NL average during that time is 13.4 per team)
- In the upcoming four-game series with the Braves this weekend, the Dodgers will again miss Chipper Jones, who is out for the season with a torn ACL, writes David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Jones also missed all four games when the Braves were at Dodger Stadium in June, and missed the final three games in Los Angeles last season.
Get your guesses in for Xeifrank's game simulation here.
Game Time: 4:05 p.m.
TV: KCAL, MLB Network