First of all, I have to apologize because I'm not able to provide the minor league stat leaders for just the month of July. Normally I provide the stats through the recently completed month, as well the stats for just the recently completed month. But unfortunately, I lost the previous data that would normally use to calculate the monthly stats when I turned in my work computer when I recently changed jobs. I simply forgot to copy it over onto my new computer. Next month, however, I'll go back to providing both sets of data.
Anyways, when you look at the Dodgers minor league hitting leaders through the month of July, a couple of things stand out. First, Jerry Sands continues to place among the top 10 in almost every offensive category, so despite his .270 average in AA, you can rest assured that he continues to rake. Nick Akins is another player that has enjoyed success, although you have to take his success with a grain of salt since he's played in Rookie Leagues all year, and barely qualified for the percentage categories because he had exactly 125 at bats. Other quick notes:
- Kyle Russell continues to struggle with the strikeout, K'ing in 31.3% of plate appearances
- Brian Cavazos-Galvez, Alfredo Silverio, and Pedro Baez don't know how to take a walk
- Dee Gordon still can't field at shortstop
- Jake Lemmerman is also having a solid professional debut, however his BABIP shows that he has been getting a little bit lucky (same goes for Akins and Leon Landry)
- Russ Mitchell continues to have a breakout season
- Xavier Paul has nothing left to prove in the minor leagues