Rafael Furcal is making his fifth opening day start for the Dodgers (and 10th overall), a feat bested by only three shortstops in Dodgers history: Pee Wee Reese (14), Bill Russell (11), and Maury Wills (10)
- Tony Gwynn Jr. made opening day starts in centerfield in 2008 with Milwaukee and in 2010 with San Diego.
- Andre Ethier has an active streak of reaching base in eight straight plate appearances. The Dodgers franchise record for most consecutive times reaching base is 14, by Pedro Guerrero from July 23-26, 1985
- Matt Kemp has an active streak of hitting a home run in five straight games. That is tied for the Dodger record, with Roy Campanella (June 11-17, 1950) and Shawn Green (July 21-25, 2001)
- James Loney is five for 12 in his career on opening day, which spans three starts, from 2008-2010
- Juan Uribe hasn't faced the Giants, with whom he played for the last two seasons, since September 3, 2003. In Uribe's last four plate appearances at Dodger Stadium, he has two home runs and two walks, though that was against the Dodgers last September
- Rod Barajas has just five hits in his last 44 at-bats against Giants' pitching
- Today is the first opening day start in Jamey Carroll's career