The Dodgers began and ended their weeks with great wins. In each game, the Dodger starter allowed no runs, and Matt Kemp reached base three times. In between, the Dodgers were outscored 38-16 in five straight losses.
Dodger Batter of the Week:Matt Kemp wins this award, again. The Bison entered the week hitting .438/.514/.656, and he managed to get even hotter. Kemp hit .520/.586/.800 for the week, which ended with a walk-off home run. Kemp has reached base in 27 of his last 44 plate appearances, a .614 OBP.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Chad Billingsley struggled against the Giants on Tuesday, but he easily takes home the award with his remarkable Sunday performance against St. Louis. The Cardinals scored 66 runs in their previous seven games, but Billingsley shut them out over eight innings, while striking out 11. Billingsley didn't get a decision, but he'll have to settle for this theoretical award.
Week 3 Record: 2-5
24 runs scored (3.43 per game)
40 runs allowed (5.71 per game)
.282 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 7-9
52 runs scored (3.25 per game)
78 runs allowed (4.88 per game)
.323 pythagorean winning percentage (5-11)
Taking One For The Team: In his first day back with the club since getting recalled from Triple A, Ramon Troncoso entered Saturday's game against St. Louis in a blowout. With the bullpen taxed, Troncoso allowed three runs and seven hits in two innings, finishing out the game. Troncoso's game on Saturday was just the 18th relief appearance by an LA Dodger allowing seven or more hits in two innings or less.
Going Streaking: Andre Ethier's double to lead off the ninth inning on Sunday extended his hitting streak to 14 games, the longest streak in baseball this season. During his streak, Ethier is hitting .415/.483/.547.
- Monday: One day after his fill-in start in San Diego, the Dodgers optioned pitcher John Ely to Triple A, to make room for outfielder Jamie Hoffmann, who was recalled from Albuquerque
Tuesday: Rafael Furcal broke his left thumb sliding into third base on Monday night, and was placed on the 15-day disabled list. Infielder Ivan DeJesus was recalled from Triple A to take Furcal's place on the active roster
- Thursday: After the game, the Dodgers optioned Hoffmann to Triple A, to make room for...
- Friday: Jon Garland was activated from the disabled list and started against St. Louis on Friday night
- Saturday: Relief pitcher Hong-Chih Kuo was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left lower back strain. Reliever Ramon Troncoso was recalled from Triple A to take Kuo's place on the roster.
- Monday: Dodgers 6, Giants 1
- Tuesday: Giants 5, Dodgers 4
- Wednesday: Giants 4, Dodgers 3
- Thursday: Cardinals 9, Dodgers 5
- Friday: Cardinals 11, Dodgers 2
- Saturday: Cardinals 9, Dodgers 2
- Sunday: Dodgers 2, Cardinals 1
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers finish their homestand with a long series against the Braves, followed by the beginning of a road trip at Wrigley Field in Chicago. The Dodgers play four consecutive day games, from Thursday to Sunday.
Week 3 Stats