Picking up, where we left off yesterday, the Dodgers and Padres are tied 2-2 in the top of the ninth inning with no outs and Matt Kemp on first base. Here are the current lineups and available players for the first game, which will start at 5:35 p.m.; the players due up next in each lineup are highlighted:
|IF||Carroll (R)||IF||Gonzalez (R)|
|IF||Miles (S)||C||Johnson (R)|
|AVAILABLE RELIEF PITCHERS|
Rafael Furcal hurt his left wrist on a check swing in Colorado earlier in the week. He is having trouble while batting, but he can throw. He will play in the first game, but sit out the second game tonight. Manager Don Mattingly said hopefully Furcal will be available to play in tomorrow's day game.
- Hong-Chih Kuo, who rarely pitches back-to-back days but threw just five pitches last night, is available to pitch tonight. Kuo is currently in the game, though if the Dodgers take the lead in the top of the ninth, Mattingly said he would likely call on Jonathan Broxton.
- Mike MacDougal and Kenley Jansen, who pitched Friday night, are available for the second game tonight.
- Chad Billingsley was held back from his regular throw day and will be available if needed tonight, either in the first or second game.
- First base coach Davey Lopes is back with the team tonight after missing games this week dealing with a death in his family
- Mattingly said tomorrow's starter will be announced after the conclusion of the second game tonight. It is presumed to be John Ely.
Game Time: 5:35 p.m. (second game will begin 25-30 minutes after the end of the first game)