The Dodgers had a tough week, as they not only lost two series but also lost their starting third baseman for up to six weeks after surgery to fix an infected left elbow.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Andre Ethier kept his hitting streak going, all the way up to 27 games, and led the offense for the week, hitting .364/.440/.591, taking home this week's honors. Honorable mention goes to Juan Uribe, who started three games and pinch hit in two others, hitting three extra-base hits, and James Loney, who had seven singles in 18 at-bats for his first good week of the season.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Hiroki Kuroda, who was solid for seven innings the very next night in a no decision.. Lilly edges out
Honorable mention goes to Blake Hawksworth, who retired all 12 batters he faced, and to Kenley Jansen, who struck out five (and walked two) in three scoreless innings and got sent to Double A for his efforts.
Week 5 Record: 2-4
16 runs scored (2.67 per game)
27 runs allowed (4.50 per game)
.277 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 14-15
111 runs scored (3.83 per game)
136 runs allowed (4.69 per game)
.408 pythagorean winning percentage (12-17)
- Monday: The Dodgers activated catcher Dioner Navarro from the disabled list, and to make room optioned catcher A.J. Ellis to Albuquerque.
- Tuesday: Xavier Paul, who was designated for assignment by the Dodgers on April 18 to make room for Jerry Sands, was claimed by the Pirates
- Friday: Casey Blake was placed on the 15-day disabled list with an infected left elbow, though he could miss up to six weeks. The Dodgers recalled Russ Mitchell from Triple A Albuquerque to take Blake's spot on the active roster.
- Sunday: Hong-Chih Kuo was activated from the 15-day disabled list, and to make room the Dodgers optioned relief pitcher Kenley Jansen to Double A Chattanooga.
- Monday: Marlins 5, Dodgers 4
- Tuesday: Marlins 4, Dodgers 2
- Wednesday: Dodgers 5, Marlins 4 (10)
- Friday: Dodgers 3, Padres 2
- Saturday: Padres 5, Dodgers 2
- Sunday: Padres 7, Dodgers 0
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers finish their homestand with the Cubs, including the second of six throwback Brooklyn uniform weekday games on Wednesday. Then, after a Thursday off day, the Dodgers begin a seven-game road trip with three in The Big Apple.
Week 5 Stats