Clickable recommendations for your review...
- Chris Jackson of the Albuquerque Examiner has a very thorough overview of the Dodgers' farm system, including inside information on several minor leaguers, quotes from player development head DeJon Watson, and a preview of roster decisions in inticipation of the upcoming Rule 5 draft. The overview is in two parts: here and here.
- "This is the game we play pretty much every night," Don Mattingly said in Tuesday's game recap by Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times. "It's been tough for us to push runs across on any kind of a consistent basis."
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts delves into the power-starved but otherwise consistent season from Andre Ethier.
- According to testimony in Delaware Bankruptcy Court on Tuesday, the Dodgers are projected to have a turnstile count of between 2.2 and 2.3 million this season, a drop of over 25% from 2009. Bill Shaikin of the LA Times has the details. "The only thing I can describe it as is a sad turn of events," Fred Claire told Shaikin. "It's striking. It has to be of great concern to everybody involved. It's certainly in stark contrast to what the Dodgers have known and what Dodgers fans have known."
- Don Mattingly was benched 20 years ago this week by the Yankees for not cutting his hair, wrote Joe DiGiovanni of MLB.com.
- Sandy Koufax was the lone Dodger among the five inaugural inductees to the ESPN Los Angeles Hall of Fame, which was announced Tuesday.
- Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors floated the idea of a Juan Uribe for Carlos Zambrano trade. Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness explored.
- Andrew Grant has Minor League Central up and running, complete with detailed stats and splits of over 8,500 players.